Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good Eats

We often see a Thanksgiving table adorned with the cornucopia filled with fruits and vegetables. I created a cornucopia file for that reason. As I went to post it here, I wondered how it tied into Thanksgiving.

It turns out that the cornucopia is a goat's horn; particularily that of Zeus' nanny. Her horn broke off while playing with Zeus. When he restored the horn to her, he gave it magical powers to grant wishes. So, how did the cornucopia make it to the Thanksgiving table? I suppose it became a symbol of abundance. The pilgrims and Native Americans must have been very thankful for the abundance of food they harvested after teaching each other new farming methods.

I hope you have good eats tomorrow as you celebrate all that you are thankful for!

Cornucopia
$2.00 - file price (Available in .KNK, .AI, .GSD, .WPC)
$3.00 - die cut price


Gourd

$1.00 - file price (Available in .KNK, .AI, .GSD, .WPC)
$.75 - die cut price


To purchase any of my files, e-mail me at nrothschild76@gmail.com

No comments: