Thursday, December 18, 2008

Luke's gift

I have been so busy trying to get all my crafts done that I'm gifting for Christmas, that I haven't had a lot of time to post here. I know this post is not geared toward a file sale, but perhaps it will inspire creativity.

My sister-in-law mentioned that her son, Luke, could use a toybox and a child-sized table with chairs. She hoped they would be made out of wood. I searched high and low for something reasonably priced. Each piece reached as high as $200! After finding the unfinished furniture at JoAnn's, I set to work painting. Once painted, I applied some cut vinyl to personalize the pieces. (Incidentally, I've also committed to decorating Luke's bedroom with some vinyl cuts. I plan to use some of the files from the toybox.)

Below are the pictures I took of the furniture. I used the font "Tinker Toy" for the toybox and the font "Arial Black" for the table. The train and sailboat dies are not for sale as I adopted them from the Sizzix die.

Top of the toybox

Front of the toybox
Left side of the toybox
Right side of the toybox

No comments: